Monday, June 5, 2017

Sea Green Vine


Finally, a photosession of my newest sweater - Ysolda Teague's Vine Yoke Cardigan. I took advantage of our hike on Vitosha yesterday to shoot a dozen of pictures of the cardigan near my most favourite tree along my most favourite path Aleko - Kupena.


This is my second Vine Yoke cardigan, I knit my first in poly-cotton blend a few years ago and I still wear it a lot, mostly at home in the summer. This new one is 100% pure merino wool, Italian bobbin yarn, very, very soft and thin and I mean to wear it as a spring/autumn sweater.


The yarn is hand dyed in two batches and I absolutely love the variegation and the way the ridges of the garter stitch texture play with the blue-green colors.


Pattern: Vine Yoke Cardigan by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Italian Bobbin Merino,  230 g, hand dyed
Needle: 3 mm, 3.5 mm
Time to knit: one month


My yarn is much thinner than the original and my gauge is quite smaller, so I made my own calculations. I added short rows for the lower part of the body, almost doubled the stitches (106 sts for the body, 72 sts for the sleeves) and played with the short rows at the neck line.
I'm really happy with how this sweater turned out :)












4 comments:

  1. Получила се е една хубава жилетка за хладните летни вечери.Харесва ми преплитането на сините нишки със зелените,харесвам и украсителните мотиви около деколтето,ръкавите и края на жилетката.А планината е изумително красива!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spot on with that colorway! It fits you beautifully. I love that bottom edging; it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your smiling comment on my niece's cardigan.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful vine yoke! It's a great pattern and that color is gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete